The MTh degree program in Transformative Leadership was launched in 2008 in response to the leadership crisis in present-day congregations, Christian charities, educational institutions and mission organizations, as well as in response to the need to form a new image of what a leader is for Ukraine and CIS countries.
In contrast to leadership models borrowed from business, which have become rather popular in churches and Christian organizations, the MTh in Transformative Leadership program provides a biblical perspective and principles for church and organizational leadership. Moreover, secular society often turns to biblical characters and principles as they visualize the modern-day leader.
The Transformative Leadership master’s program offers a biblical approach in three vital spheres of leadership:
- The character and image of a leader
- The organizational skills of a leader
- The cooperation of a leader with social and political institutions and structures
The mission of the program is to equip leaders with the spiritual and psychological knowledge needed to develop character and the skills of organizational management to effectively lead a church or organization in line with biblical management principles in relationship to society and government.
MTh in Transformative Leadership graduates have:
- the knowledge of research subject matter and the ability to apply acquired skills both in research and in their profession;
- the cognitive skills (i.e. the ability to analyze and critically assess information and form an opinion on recent academic research related to their field of study;
- the professional skills to transfer knowledge, and to make biblical truth clear in church and society;
- an integrated approach towards community in terms of personal life, ministry, intellectual development and social activities.
Accreditation and Opportunities for Graduates
The Transformative Leadership program has been accredited by the European Evangelical Accreditation Association since 2015. This means that both the faculty and curriculum comply with European academic standards, enabling graduates to continue doctoral studies abroad.
Graduates of this program are leaders of church unions and successful ministries, pastors, presidents and secretaries-general of public organizations, missions and charity foundations, and chaplains. They are involved in international missions and politics in various CIS countries.